Friday, February 21, 2014

New books <3

 
 
 
 
I've got the Blogger app and I have no idea how to use it... But to celebrate my... newness (that can't be a word) I'm gonna do a youtube styled book haul. Unless bloggers do book hauls too, then it's a bloggy book haul.

Anyways, I got some books from Amazon today (I'm not famous enough for free copies of Fangirl okay) and I'm just very happy ^^
 
So I finally got the Gem Trilogy by Kerstin Gier. Amanda told me about these books a while ago, and when she said that the series was originally written in german, I was sold. And look how beautiful they are. I don't know too much about them, but people keep telling me how wonderful the trilogy is. It's about a time travelling heroine, and she is supposedly a great character. I've been looking forward to these books for soo long, and now I got my lovely beauties.
 
Next we got Insurgent by Veronica Roth, the sequel to Divergent. It's probably gonna be the next book I read after Divergent. Look how shiny and pretty it is.
 
The third book I got was The Bone People by Keri Hulme. I actually saw it at Thalia first, and the cover just made me drool. Just the design, and the pages, and the everything. I came home (without the book), and ended up buying it on amazon. It's supposed to be beautifully written, a story about child abuse, maoris and europeans in New Zealand, love and other juicy, pain inducing stuff. I'm excited.
 
The last book I got was Roots by Alex Haley.  It's a story tracing Haley's family six (I think?) generations back. It goes as far as to "the African", Kunta Kinte, who was taken from his home in Africa to be sold to slaveholders in America. Roots was another book I found at Thalia, but I am cheap, so I ordered it on amazon instead. I saved 5 € though, so I'm happy :3

No comments:

Post a Comment